Department: School Sales
Location: Princeton, NJ
Reports to: Sales Manager
The Assistant Sales Manager (ASM) position is responsible for managing the Inside Sales Team to exceed Learning Ally's revenue goals for the Education Solutions division. Through the execution of Sales Plans and Sales Processes, the ASM manages the day to day activity of the Inside Sales Team. Through call monitoring and sales representative coaching, the ASM will identify and develop areas of improvement on an individualized basis. This individual will be an experienced inside sales manager with outstanding communication skills, a documented record of quota attainment, and the ability to grow a team of highly productive and successful representatives.
Day-to-Day Tasks of the Position Include:
- Executes a well-targeted business plan and strategy for allocating resources and driving sales activities. Assists in planning sales strategy including managing the internal processes in support of inside sales reps.
- Coaches sales reps to accurately forecast and communicate sales progress.
- Builds, monitors, and orchestrates sales pipelines to ensure continuous population of near and long term opportunities; manages the size, shape, and quality of pipeline; analyzes overall win rate and win/loss ratios.
- Continuously monitors and improves sales process execution to ensure alignment with Learning Ally's business direction, the quality of business practices and optimum organization performance.
- Manages all departmental reporting and commission calculations through Sales Operations.
- Works closely with other functional areas to ensure customer growth and retention.
Leading & Managing Sales People:
- Assesses and manages employee performance to ensure individual and group
- Motivates and supports sales teams in selling, including a high level of support in the pursuit and closing of deals.
- Nurtures and advances the talent required to maintain Learning Ally's sales force excellence within area of control.
- Strategizes with and coaches team on how to apply consultative selling techniques to identify and advance opportunities that result in ongoing profitable revenue growth.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry, competitive research and information, and an understanding of the client's challenges and industry trends and markets in order to position and map Learning Ally's capabilities that align to client objectives and initiatives.
- Manages sales representatives.
Time on Task Estimates:
- 80% monitoring & coaching inside team based on live or recorded phone calls (currently 8 reps)
- 20% administering reporting and commission calculations.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of documented quota attainment managing a minimum of eight Inside Sales Representatives.
- Directly related management experience and work results including success in achieving progressively higher quota or other sales related goals.
- Demonstrated level of project management skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrable computer knowledge required.
- Demonstrable knowledge of social selling.
- Superior telephone skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- NetSuite (or similar) CRM expereince.
Learning Ally Benefits:
Learning Ally offers an excellent benefits package that starts on the first day of the month following your employment date. This includes:
- Medical (HMO & PPO) benefit - 100% employee and dependent coverage (BlueCross of California)
- Dental & Vision benefits
- Short-term and Long-term disabilities benefits
- Life insurance benefits
- 401k Plan - to be implemented
- 15 days per year PTO (includes vacation and sick days)