Engagement Marketing Associate – Princeton, NJ
Position: Engagement Marketing Associate
Location: Princeton, New Jersey
Reports to: Director, Engagement Marketing
Job Description: The Engagement Marketing Associate (EMA) drives the creation of operational plans in support of the strategy to drive ever deeper and broader engagement among Learning Ally’s community members. This role leads the planning, development, implementation and execution of one-to-one and one-to-many communication in both online and offline channels, to drive engagement among constituent groups, including donors, volunteers, members and partners. The EMA is responsible for both the creation, formatting and distribution of campaigns and the day-to-day activities to maintain, manage and analyze their success. This role requires the use of paid, earned, shared and owned media, along with a strong understanding of branding and consumer insights, and the ability to tailor content to different audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of non-profit or business experience with demonstrated track record of success in marketing and/or communication.
- Consumer Writing experience required
- Fundraising experience is a plus
- Excellent computer (Google App, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Experience in a highly collaborative/team environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines and with a minimum of supervision
- Strong communications and negotiation skills and confidence working with senior level stakeholders, colleagues and vendors
- Ability to communicate openly, honestly and respectfully
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated good judgment and a strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Drive to continuously improve personally and to maximize processes and systems
- Capacity to take ownership and drive toward achieving goals
- Talent for providing solutions and understanding their impact
- Is a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research. Proven ability to apply SEO concepts to communication strategy and content marketing focus
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency within an environment of change
- Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal or professional experience with DNN, WordPress or other CMS system
- Strong planning, time management
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.