West Coast Account Manager
Department: Education Solutions
Reports to: VP Sales & Large Account Management
The West Coast Account Manager will develop a deep understanding of the onboarding, management, and renewals of Learning Ally's Large Account schools-based members and ensure achievement of Large School revenue and metrics. He/She will manage or influence, either directly or through a team of specialists, to deliver Learning Ally's programs to schools ensuring effective program launch, utilization, and satisfaction leading to renewal rates of 100%. He/She will also manage the renewal process of the Large Account portfolio, identify those accounts that provide the potential for upsell, and work closely with the sales team to achieve upsell revenue. Primary position objectives include but are not limited to:
- Develop an overall district account strategy for large accounts that (1) enables them to maximize the full impact of their Learning Ally membership (2) proactively and continuously identifies their needs so we can align them with the right support and services and (3) provides them the reporting and other assessments needed to assess the impact and value of our solution.
- Manage the onboaridng process for assigned Large Accounts, ensuring all requirements needed to implement our solution effectively are known and in place. Collaborate with Outside Sales and the Engagement Team to deliver a seamless transition to Learning Ally membership.
- Implement an account management process for assigned accounts, ensuring (1) all key activities, inputs, responsibilities, and time frames are identified, (2) a process is in place that monitors how accounts are tracking against these requirements, and (3) a process is in place that notifies responsible parties of the actions to take to meet objectives.
- Manage the renewal process for assigned large accounts and achieve 100% renewal rate for Large Accounts.
- Act as a business partner to the outside sales rep (and inside sales if needed), providing them with insights and status of accounts, ensuring that all priority accounts are identified and managed accordingly, and ensuring the upsell process functions smoothly and delivers the volumes needed to achieve upsell goals.
- Manage the upsell process, ensuring accurate and timely identification of Large Accounts that have upsell potential, and communicate the upsell candidates effectively and in a timely manner to the Sales Teams.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Engagement and Educatory Community Groups and implement a process that will direct them to address account needs through leveraging their assets to help Large Accounts realize their full potential.
- Utilize CRM and tracking databases to create and maintain records of all contacts and activities and ensure accurate and timely documentation of relationship status.
- Select, manage, coach, evaluate, and develop staff to meet individual, departmental, and organizational goals.
- Participate in other Learning Ally activities as required to achieve organizational goals.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (including demonstrated job experience).
- 7-10+ years of account management experience.
- 2-4 years of program management experience or implementation experience.
- Experience with account management and needs-based consultative selling techniques.
- Experience with educational sales and project management a plus.
- Proven track record of achieving business and performance objectives.
- Strong team-building, teamwork, and collaboration skills.
- Excellent presentation, oral & written communication skills.
- Ability to influence and persuade others - both internally and externally.
- PC literate with strong knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Self-starter with demonstrated effectiveness in a multi-tasking a collaborative environment.
Requires travel (local and out of state) approximately 20% of the time.
Learning Ally Benefits:
Learning Ally offers an excellent benefits package that starts on the first day of the month following your employment date. This includes:
- Medical (HMO & PPO) benefit - 100% employee and dependent coverage
- Dental & Vision benefits
- Short-term and Long-term disabilities benefits
- Life insurance benefits
- 401k Plan - to be implemented
- 15 days PTO per calendar year (includes vacation and sick days)