Virtual Community Engagement Manager
Location: Princeton, NJ
Reports to: AVP, Operations
The Volunteer Engagement Manager will be responsible for attracting, engaging, and retaining volunteers to join and be part of our growing Learning Ally Volunteer Corps. This manager will create a great experience for our volunteers, building a stronger and more connected volunteer community. The Volunteer Engagement Manager will lead the organization in:
- Designing of a 3-5 holistic plan for the creation of a Learning Ally volunteer-nation. This will involve coordination between senior leadership, staff, and volunteers.
- Building a strategic and targeted recruiting process aligned with Learning Ally's growth goals, and develop and implement effective strategies to recruit the right volunteers with the right skills.
- Creating and maintaining volunteer position descriptions.
- Creating and implementing volunteer evaluation and recognition programs; evaluating volunteer performance and sharing improvement opportunities.
- Aligning volunteer roles with strategic goals.
- Tailoring volunteer recruitment and messaging.
- Developing and implementing a best in class onboarding and intake process for potential volunteers to ensure the best match between the skills, qualifications, and interests of the volunteers and the needs of the organization.
- Using volunteers to lead other volunteers.
- Recognizing and retaining volunteers.
- Tracking volunteer impact.
- Leading cross-functional staff in creating and maintaining website and social networking platforms necessary to connect and support a growing virtual volunteer community.
Masters in social entrepreneurship, non-profit leadership, volunteer management or related degree or equivalent experience in organizing a large-scale volunteer program.
- Recruiting, training, and evaluating new volunteers
- Developing program goals
- Using and engaging other on social networking platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook)
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Leading cross-functional teams
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Exceptional customer service and relationship building skills
Learning Ally Benefits:
Learning Ally offers an excellent benefits package that starts on the first day of the month following your employment date. This includes:
- Medical Insurance Benefits (Cigna Health Savings Account)
- Dental & Vision benefits
- Short-term and Long-term disabilities benefits
- Health Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance Benefits
- 401k Plan – With Organizational Matching program
- Generous PTO Policies per calendar year