Email Resume and Cover Letter
Position: Senior Product Developer
Department: Solutions Development
Location: Princeton, New Jersey
Reports to: Director Solutions Development
Purpose of the Position: We are seeking an experienced, dynamic Senior Product Manager. The Senior Product Manager works closely with district and school customers and internal stakeholders to iteratively develop a market-driven, reading/grade-level segmented product roadmap and delivery schedule, drive design and UX, feature sets and functional requirements for the development teams, and represent the product to internal and external stakeholders.
Position Summary: The Senior PM is required to be knowledgeable and enthusiastic about leading the development and execution for effective, scalable, end-to- end solutions, providing students with print-related disabilities the ability such as blindness or dyslexia to discover their learning styles and preference and lead them to success in every aspect of their education. Responsible for understanding and anticipating the need of educators in elementary, middle and high school the Senior PM will gather requirements, and is responsible for internal engagement, customer outreach, and ensuring our products are accessible. The Senior PM will report to the Director of Solutions Development and is expected to be a key member of a small and growing innovative technology team.
This role includes
- Work cross-functionally with every team; from understanding market needs to developing extensive education market subject matter expertise, to sitting in on customer calls with the sales and support teams, and working on user stories with user experience and product development teams.
- Deepen our understanding of how students and educators use Learning Ally in support of personalizing education for students with a print disability. Using a combination of school relationship experience, qualitative and quantitative research, customer feedback and data-mining, arrive at a portrait of how Learning Ally is used among our school adopters.
- Address challenges endemic to k-12 school environments in order to solve installation, implementation, utilization, and scale issues.
- Identify new features for improving Learning Ally’s digital products aimed at getting students to read with an emphasis on driving usage and acquiring new institutional memberships. Analyze, design, and conceptualize features for review and feedback among internal stakeholders. Evaluate, prioritize and recommend new feature development based on strategic goals and budget.
- Drive Design and UX teams to create compelling and efficient experiences for our members.
- Guide software development teams through implementation and product launch via precise articulation of product requirements and feature specifications. Provide critical feedback on pre-release builds in order to identify bugs for regression and further progress towards launch. Participate in the scrum process as product owner.
- Deliver insights and understanding about Learning Ally members, particularly around utilization, by working closely with data warehouse personnel and tools to create reports and analysis as needed.