Senior Foundation Relations Associate
Department: Foundation Relations (FD)
Location: Princeton, NJ
Reports to: Director, Foundation Relations
Purpose of Position:
To serve as a senior member of the Foundation Relations team with specific responsibility for supporting and increasing Learning Ally’s foundation reach and revenue. Responsibilities for this position include foundation prospect identification, proposal preparation and writing, proposal submission, tracking of grant applications and reports, and other related correspondence.
Primary Position Objectives:
- Identify foundation prospects, write, submit and edit grant proposals and reports on behalf of Learning Ally. Prepare proposals (both hard copy and online), gather necessary information, fact check information/data and make corrections to ensure accuracy of statistics and adherence to established Learning Ally format guidelines. Cross-reference foundation information and guidelines for accuracy and completeness. Gather appropriate proposal attachments, compile, photocopy and mail proposal packages, make phone calls to funders and to internal staff as appropriate to prepare and report activity to funders. Coordinate all signature efforts with appropriate Learning Ally staff members. Coordinate cross departmental information when needed (i.e. financial reports required, etc.)
- Conduct research on foundation donors and prospects utilizing online and web-based directories and websites. Update information on deadlines and guidelines.
- Maintain foundation and organization records in database by entering and updating information for assigned accounts and prospects.
- Provide support to Director, Foundation Relations.
- Foster a working environment that supports Learning Ally’s cultural values. Act as a role model and engage in discussions and feedback to ensure the intent of the culture statement is integrated into day-to-day activities, planning and communications.
- Participate in other Learning Ally activities as required to achieve organizational goals.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 4+ years’ experience soliciting and stewarding current and prospective donors.
- A minimum of two years’ experience strategizing, writing and developing content for foundation grant proposals.
- 1-2 years’ experience working with fundraising software highly preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience in prospect research and development.
- Exceptional grammar, writing, proofreading and editing skills. (Writing samples required.)
- Experience in Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Track record of a meticulous attention to detail and adherence to deadlines.
This job operates in a professional office or home environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
This position profile identified the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
Learning Ally Benefits:
Learning Ally offers an excellent benefits package that starts on the first day of the month following your employment date. This includes:
- Medical benefits - 100% employee and dependent coverage
- Dental & Vision benefits
- Short-term and Long-term disabilities benefits
- Life insurance benefits
- 401k Plan - to be implemented
- 15 days PTO per calendar year (includes vacation and sick days)