Location: Princeton, NJ or remote
Reports to: VP, Technology
Purpose of Position:
To support and drive NetSuite requirements to support the Sales and Engagement teams at Learning Ally.
The NetSuite Admin / Dev position is directly responsible for the administration of all NetSuite applications
deployed at Learning Ally currently and in the future. This includes process improvement and writing of
customization specifications for implementation by the Admin / Dev, IT resources or outside consultants.
addition, they are responsible for the quality of all current data as well as data inputted manually or through
Included in the Admin / Dev’s responsibilities is the creation and management of all sales and account
management related reporting including revenue, activity, customer usage and others as required by
Primary Position Objectives:
- Successful proactive analysis and application of business practices to NetSuite functionality.
- Work with internal stakeholders to analyze complex needs and issues, and assess how NetSuite can be
utilized as a solution.
- Assist with data analysis, reporting needs, continuous improvement initiatives, change management and
support for optimal usage within NetSuite.
- Develop business requirements, test and deploy customizations, custom objects, new functionality and
SuiteApps based on evolving business need.
- Primary point of contact for NetSuite support; providing internal ongoing support, training, and coordination
with outside consultants.
- Working knowledge NetSuite’s Cloud / SaaS based business software systems (ERP/ CRM).
- Experience in training and providing client support within the NetSuite environment.
- Technical experience in understanding the NetSuite framework and requirements.
- Gathering data and analyzing business and user needs in consultation with both business manager and end
- Ensure business and functional requirements are properly configured in NetSuite.
- Performing functional configuration and maintenance for systems based on changing operational and business
- Research transactional issues, identifying root causes and driving resolutions.
- Support research, analysis, and development of new concepts and emerging technologies.
- Assist all departments with data analysis and reporting needs.
- Maintain proper system access for all roles.
- Support end user requests for new searches, reports, KPIs, dashboards.
- Work directly with in house development team or third party vendors to develop, test and deploy custom
application extensions using system API and third party tools.
- Configure NetSuite using forms, fields, custom records and workflows to manage unique business process
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, workflows and guidelines to ensure data integrity.
- Perform regular data audits and resolve identified issues.
- Manage Release Preview business process testing for ongoing NetSuite upgrades.
- Background or relevant work experience in related discipline (MIS, IT business/computer
- 2 to 4 years as a NetSuite Administrator for an organization with more than 40 users.
- Experience with NetSuite Reports and Saved Searches.
- SuiteScript programming experience (preferably SuiteScript 2.0)
- NetSuite Custom Field creation/management.
- NetSuite Form management and customization.
- SuiteCommerce programming experience desirable, but not required.
- Very good at technology troubleshooting. Situations and problems will arise where one will not know the
answers off the top of their head. The ability to research and troubleshoot is a must.
- Punctual and dependable. While no day will probably ever be the same, this is a job that requires one to
be in the office and available for whatever issues arise.
- Strong attention to detail, good judgement, and follow-through.
- Must be very organized and able to keep a lot of information organized in an easy to access system.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks efficiently, and adapt and react quickly to changes and deadlines.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to write organized, maintainable code.
- Ability to communicate openly, honestly and respectfully
- Strong planning, time management.
- Strong collaboration skills to facilitate group success.
- Capable of delivering exceptional internal and external customer service.
- Highly motivated, innovative and adaptable.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency within an environment of change.
- Drive to continuously improve personally and to maximize processes and systems.
- Comprehensive computer skills.
- Capacity to take ownership and drive toward achieving personal goals.
- Talent for providing solutions and understanding their impact.
Work Conditions - Office
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office
equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Work Conditions - At Office & Home
This job operates from a home office and in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses
standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
It also complies with Learning Ally’s At Home Working Policy.
Work Conditions - At Home & on the Road
This job operates from a home office, in a professional office environment, and on the road within the
local region. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. It also complies with Learning Ally’s At Home Working
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot
encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required
to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably
assigned by his/her supervisor.
Learning Ally Benefits:
Learning Ally offers an excellent benefits package that starts on the first day of the month following your employment date. This includes:
- Medical (HMO & PPO) benefit - 100% employee and dependent coverage
- Dental & Vision benefits
- Short-term and Long-term disabilities benefits
- Life insurance benefits
- 401k Plan - to be implemented
- 15 days PTO per calendar year (includes vacation and sick days)