Website Administrator and Front-End Developer
Email Resume and Cover Letter
Position: Website Administrator and Front-End Developer
Location: Princeton, NJ
Department: Information Technology (IT)
Reports to: Development Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Working collaboratively across the organization, the Developer is an expert in Learning Ally IT systems. This includes working closely with our Marketing Department and Solutions Development to define, streamline, extend and enhance solutions for the markets we serve.
The Developer is a hands-on technology team member that thrives in an environment that requires design, programming, and testing to ensure the highest level of quality for our customers. The Developer seeks ways to integrate ever developing web based customer facing technologies and latest marketing technics to deliver user-friendly, accessible, responsive and search engine friendly website.
PRIMARY POSITION OBJECTIVES
1. Work as part of the team using agile process to gather requirements for projects including user interface, data, copy and functionality.
2. Gather requirements for projects including user interface, data, copy and functionality by working as part of the team using the agile process.
3. Convert design specifications into web pages or web applications. Design and code layouts for on-screen user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems.
4. Review and adjust design to follow branding guidelines, test pages accessibility and responsiveness. Based on marketing or program requirements collaborate on keyword selection and adjusting copy to get best SEO performance
5. Collaborate with Marketing Department to understand and implement their requirements for on-going promotions, page tracking and event setup. Review and act on Google Analytics reports to fix website potential problems.
6. Deploy creative thinking and problem solving techniques to resolve and fix issues. Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with programs.
7. Create easy to follow user training manuals and provide training to users of all new and enhanced systems, to support the achievement of a working knowledge of the system.
8. Provide production support by investigating and resolving software problems.
9. Coordinate with other developers about program revisions.
10. Foster a working environment that supports Learning Ally’s cultural values. Act as a role model and engage in discussions and feedback to ensure the intent of the culture statement is integrated into day-to-day activities, planning and communications.
11. Participate in other Learning Ally activities as required to achieve organizational goals.
Bachelor's Degree with a technical focus preferred
1+ years of experience in a hands-on technology role as developer
Experience with full website development cycle including: design, implementation, marketing and promotion as well as support.
Experience with products and services which directly touch end-users and comfort level with a high-level of customer interaction
Website positioning, use of various tools for website development and promotion
Experience in the areas of audio-books, accessibility, digital publications, ebooks with text a plus
Specific Technology Skills/Knowledge
2+ years of IT industry experience
Experience designing User Interfaces
Demonstrated proficiency and effective use of Website CMS. DNN CMS is a big plus
Hands-on experience with writing and installing modules or plugins for CMS
Hands-on experience in setting up GA accounts and reports and successful run of AdWords campaigns
Netsuite CRM or other CRM development/setup/support experience
Web hosting, HTML development and website integration experience preferred
Experience implementing and delivering technology projects by leveraging agile development methodologies; including Scrum preferred
Proven working knowledge of testing methods, tools, and software testing best practices
Detail oriented with strong analytical skills. In addition, must be able to comprehend and manage data mappings and transformation among multiple systems
Excellent interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills
Ability to successfully collaborate with multiple levels of management, project team members and internal and external clients
Strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
Strong decision making ability
Strong time management skills
Excellent oral skills to present technical solutions in business terms
10% or less travel
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
Creativity & Innovation