Foundation Relations Associate
Department: Foundation Relations (FD)
Location: Princeton, NJ
Reports to: Director, Foundation Relations
Purpose of Position:
To serve as a member of the Foundation Relations team with specific responsibility for supporting and increasing Learning Ally’s foundation reach and revenue. This position will act as lead administrator for the foundation team, with additional responsibilities for proposal preparation and submission. Duties include tracking of grant prospects, applications and reports, and other related correspondence.
Primary Position Objectives:
- Support the Foundation Relations team in the grant submission and reporting process. Maintain the grant submission and report calendar in order to ensure timely submissions and adherence to reporting deadlines. Generally, ensure that all activities relating to reaching the department’s goals are coordinated in an efficient and effective manner.
- Fact check information/data and make edits/corrections to ensure proposal accuracy. Cross-reference foundation information and guidelines for accuracy and completeness. Gather appropriate proposal attachments, compile, photocopy and mail proposal packages, make phone calls to funders and to internal staff as appropriate to prepare and report activity to funders. Coordinate all signature efforts with appropriate Learning Ally staff members. Coordinate cross departmental information when needed (i.e. financial reports required, etc.)
- Conduct research on foundation donors and prospects utilizing on-line and web-based directories and websites. Update information on deadlines and guidelines.
- Process gift acknowledgement letters for foundation and organization donors and handle appropriate internal information sharing and follow-up.
- Maintain foundation and organization records in database by entering and updating information, researching information when data is missing. Also enter proposal and action(s) and information originating from contact reports and other correspondence as needed.
- Generate foundation and organization reports from database, as authorized and requested, in order to track progress toward goals.
- Draft and process correspondence, such as specialized acknowledgement letters, cover letters for proposals, requests for annual reports, guidelines, etc.
- Provide support to Director of Foundation Relations.
- Foster a working environment that supports Learning Ally’s cultural values. Act as a role model and engage in discussions and feedback to ensure the intent of the culture statement is integrated into day-to-day activities, planning and communications
- Participate in other Learning Ally activities as required to achieve organizational goals.
- Bachelor's degree or significant relevant experience required.
- 1-2 years’ experience supporting fundraising/foundation department activities with duties that include providing general administrative support, managing solicitation calendars, departmental reports, and acknowledgement letter generation.
- 1-2 years’ experience drafting and editing donor communications.
- 1-2 years’ experience working with fundraising software.
- Work track record of a meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience in Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills required.
This job operates in a professional office or home environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
This position profile identified the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
Learning Ally Benefits:
Learning Ally offers an excellent benefits package that starts on the first day of the month following your employment date. This includes:
- Medical benefits - 100% employee and dependent coverage
- Dental & Vision benefits
- Short-term and Long-term disabilities benefits
- Life insurance benefits
- 401k Plan - to be implemented
- 15 days PTO per calendar year (includes vacation and sick days)